20 Reasons not to date a Photographer
In conjunction to my previous post 20 Reasons to date a Photographer, here is the next post on “20 Reasons not to date a photographer”.
Dating a photographer is not easy. Here are the 20 reasons you should know before proposing or accepting proposal from a photographer.
Here are the 20 Reasons not to date a Photographer
1. They do not care about Rules
Photographers are known for their habit of breaking rules. Trespassing to any abandoned building or any restricted area is not rare. They often put themselves in a situation, realizing later that they are not supposed to do that.
2. They don’t travel light
So if you ask them to bring their camera along, you are asking them to bring his Tripod, Flash, Cleaners and few additional lenses with them.
3. They are control freaks
Getting a portrait from them is not easy. They will try to control you, your gestures, face expressions and pretty much everything. Because every minor detail matters, and asking for one portrait means 10 different portraits.
4. They are too honest about your looks
Well, do not expect any photographer boyfriend or girlfriend for an insincere compliment, not even to make you feel happy. They are way too honest about what they think of your looks. So if they says that you look fat or your hairs look dull, they really mean it!
5. Romantic sunsets will not be romantic anymore
The non-photographer sighs and says, “Ah, this is so beautiful”
The photographer sighs and says, “F/8 at 1/8th of a second”
6. You’ll never enjoy fresh cooked meals
That is because they will spend initial 10 minutes for getting the right shot of it. After all, every photographer begins its career as a food photographer.
7. They will be annoyed , if your friend compliments the camera they own, not their photography skills
So you’ll often hear the words “Camera doesn’t matter” from them
8. If you use Auto mode, they will laugh at you.
Try programmed auto mode instead 🙂
9. They won’t be in most of your family and vacation pictures
You’ll have a hard time to prove you both were on a vacations together because they’ll be clicking most of pictures without being themselves in front of the camera.
10. Your have to be extra careful about handling their gear
Or you owe them thousands of dollars if you accidentally break their stuff.
11. If they are looking deep into your eyes, don’t be fooled.
They are probably thinking about the best angle.
12. They are weird and dirty.
They won’t think twice about lying down on ground when it comes to taking a shot, and they won’t care how they behave when they have a camera in hand.
13. They will often put you in awkward situations.
If they find an interesting light passing by a street, they’ll beg you to pose for them in public, just to get a beautiful shot. So be ready to be a subject, and yes, like always, do not expect them to send you the picture.
14. You’ll spend about a third of your life waiting around for them to get just the right angle!
🙂 🙂 🙂
15. If you are on long walk together, be prepared to stop after every 10 steps.
16. They’ll stare others in public.
If they are staring too much on any girl or boy in public, don’t worry, there is nothing dirty going on in their mind. They are just imagining the photo they would take. Either way, this doesn’t make it less embarrassing though.
17. They’ll always point out mistakes in your family photos
And if they don’t, that means they are not just saying it to you
18. Photographers are always lusting after somebody else’s equipment.
No comments on this 🙂
19. You’ll feel jealous sometimes.
Because they will spend their most of time with more cool people like models, designers and artists
20. They prefer walking
And they will drag you into this 🙂